Thursday, October 09, 2008

Top 5 Weight Loss Traps

When you're dieting, you know that you should have and could have done to save the calories, but then surrender in the last minute. What went wrong?

Here are 5 dieting traps and how to avoid them.

1. Feeling pressured to eat in social functions.
Simply eat something before you show up. Tell the host or hostess that you enjoy the party very much but just have a big meal before you come or you're leaving soon for another function. Nibble on healthy appetizers.

2. Two for One - Sabotaged by your partner
When you want to shape up or eat healthy, but your significant other doesn't. That's tough. And it could cause trouble in your relationship. Suggest that you work out together or find mutually enjoyable activities to do. Find alternate healthy menu. Reduce the portion size.

3. Visualizing you're thinner than you really are
After all, more than 2/3 of Americans are either overweight or obese. Yet only 40 percent of them believe themselves to be too fat. When you're surrounded by so may overweight people around you every day, your brain thinks that you're one of them even if you're not. So take a picture of yourself. Know your BMI and body fat%. You can measure using a scale or get a personal trainer to measure for you. Your image in the mirror won't always register in your brain. But an actual real picture of yourself will.

4. You're stressed out
When you're stressed out, you're more likely to resort to binge-eating due to a brain hormone called cortico-trophin-releasing factor (CRF). Your ability to manage your stress and put it under control has a great deal to do with your overall health. Take deep breaths for a minute focusing on the center of your chest. Your breathing helps your mind to calm down and relax.

5. You're a perfectionist
Many people adopt hung-ho all-or nothing approach to weight loss. It's a sure-fire prescription to disaster. There is NO perfect weight loss solution. The perfect one is a regime that you can stick it, follow through and see results. If you give yourself 10% chance of slacking off, you'll still be on track without derailing. That's, if you're good 90% of the time in your exercise and nutrition plan, you'll be perfectly okay. Think long term - 3 years, 5 years from now. In fact, it's life-long journey and commitment.

>>> Sign up for FREE monthly e-Newsletter to receive insider training tips, workout routines and check out your FREE bonus e-books to help you build muscles, lose fat and uncover your six pack abs.

No comments:

"Denville, NJ" "Boonton, NJ" "Montville, NJ" "Kinnelon, NJ" "Mountain Lakes, NJ" "Rockaway, NJ" "Randolph, NJ" "Succasunna, NJ" "Chester, NJ" "Morristown, NJ" 'Mendham, NJ" "Madison, NJ" "Chatham, NJ" "Short Hills, NJ" "Sparta, NJ" "Hackettstown, NJ" "Montclair, NJ" "Wayne, NJ" "Bedminister, NJ" "Basking Ridge, NJ" "Bernardsville, NJ" "Personal Trainers" "In Home Personal Training" "Morris County, NJ" "Sussex County, NJ" "Essex County, NJ" "Passaic County, NJ" "Somerset County, NJ" "Fitness Bootcamps" "Biggest Loser" "Fat Camp""Fat Loss" "Weight Loss" "Female Personal Trainers"