|C. Carey Yang, Celebrity Personal Trainer|
Dream Body WorkoutXpert
If you've been slacking off your strength training, cardio and diet, it's about time to clean up your junk pantry, lace up your running shoes, and pick up weight and lift.
Following yesterday's circuit training based on barbell, dumbbell and bodyweight, here is another fat-burning circuit training that would help you slim down, shape up your 6 pack abs and beach-ready body just in time for the summer.
Part A is a total-body barbell complex circuit workout using the same 135# weight for all exercises that will working on chest, triceps, glutes, lat, traps and core stabilization.
Part B is core circuit workout that will work on your abs, oblique, lower back and hip from different angles and directions.
Part A: Barbell Complex Circuit Workout (135#) x 4 circuits
- Squat x 10 reps
- Bench Press (medium-width grip) x 10 reps
- Romanian Deadlift (mixed-grip) x 10 reps
- Bent-over Rows (underhand grip) x 10 reps
- Traps Shrugs (wide grip) x 10 reps
* Brief break for 15 seconds between exercises to change position.
* Rest for 2 minutes between circuits
Part B: Abs and Core Circuit Workout x 3 circuits
- Decline bench reverse left raise x 10 reps
- Decline bench oblique side twist and circling x 5 in each direction
- Decline bench weighted full crunches @ 35# x 6 reps
- Decline bench weighted lower half crunches @ 35# 12 reps
- Decline bench weighted upper half crunches @ 35# x 6 reps