Thursday, March 31, 2011

How Personal Trainer Carey Yang Is Crushing Competition and Dominating Local Fitness Market

Health and Fitness business is a $100 Billion-a-Year market. It can be very profitable but aslo very competitive as people have so many different options of losing weight, getting fit, doing exercise and seeking nutritional counseling.

I have personally witnessed shutdown of one big national chain health club and a small local personal training studio in the recent economic downturn.

So the excuses for “too big to fall” or “so small and easy to nibble” are simply not true. It all depends on the success in marketing, sales and management regardless of business sizes or structures.

The changes in global economy, the speed and availability of information and technology have shifted consumers' purchasing and buying behavior.

If you don't adapt, you die --- the survivor of the fittest rules.

Before I share my top strategies about how I crush my competition, dominate my local fitness market and triple my fitness business in the past three years, you may be wondering how competitive my local fitness and weight loss market is?

Let's look at the business along the 2-mile county road, I can count off the following:

2 integrated/holistic fitness studios
2 yoga studios
1 mixed martial art school (which also offers different of workout and exercise)
2 Taekwondo schools (which also offers cardio and kickboxing classes)
2 private personal training studios
1 Weight-Watcher
1 Curves studio
1 24-hour low-cost franchise gym Anytime Fitness
1 super-cheap franchise fitness club Planet Fitness

These are just visible store fronts I can see as I'm driving by every day. There are other medical spa, nutritionist/dietician office and nutritional supplement stores in town.


Now, can you imagine how I feel when I'm driving by every day?

Here are my top 12 strategies for growing my in-home personal fitness traning business in the past three years and dominating my local competitive fitness market.

  1. Know yourself and continue to master yourself.
  2. Know what makes you sing in the morning, even at 5 am.
  3. Know your market or niche market really inside out.
  4. Know your numbers – cash flow, leads, conversion rate, etc.
  5. Master marketing and selling. Always Be Marketing (ABM).
  6. Know why people buy – what makes them tick.
  7. Be yourself and stand out from everyone else.
  8. Deliver values and benefits beyond expectations.
  9. Surround youself with successful people including your clients.
  10. Master social proof and online marketing
  11. Be the go-to person in your market.
  12. Be a media darling.
Bonus Strategy #13: Hire help (and I’m working on that!)


I will follow on these 12 and bonus success strategies in more details.

No comments:

Nightingale-Conant
"Denville, NJ" "Boonton, NJ" "Montville, NJ" "Kinnelon, NJ" "Mountain Lakes, NJ" "Rockaway, NJ" "Randolph, NJ" "Succasunna, NJ" "Chester, NJ" "Morristown, NJ" 'Mendham, NJ" "Madison, NJ" "Chatham, NJ" "Short Hills, NJ" "Sparta, NJ" "Hackettstown, NJ" "Montclair, NJ" "Wayne, NJ" "Bedminister, NJ" "Basking Ridge, NJ" "Bernardsville, NJ" "Personal Trainers" "In Home Personal Training" "Morris County, NJ" "Sussex County, NJ" "Essex County, NJ" "Passaic County, NJ" "Somerset County, NJ" "Fitness Bootcamps" "Biggest Loser" "Fat Camp""Fat Loss" "Weight Loss" "Female Personal Trainers"