So what's so great about Dara Torres:
- She's 41 years old - a generation older than most of her competitors. She won medals in her first Olympics in 1984, before many of them were even born.
- She will go the Beijing Olympics as the oldest ever member of the US swim team.
- She's a mother and still has maybe the most impressive abs I've ever seen on a women.
- She's about as all-American wholesome and attractive as could be.
- She's considered to have the purest and most efficient swimming stroke of any woman in the world.
- She's medaled in four consecutive Olympics. Beijing will be her fifth, and she's favored to at least medal, possibly win the 50 meter freestyle.
- She owns 8 Olympic medals.
- She retired from swimming after 2000 Olympics in Sydney and now she's BACK!
- she is amazingly fit. If she medals, which is almost a foregone conclusion, she'll be on the cover of Sports Illustrated. If she gets the gold, maybe even Time magazine.
You're never too old to exercise and get fit!!